Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Epiphany/ Loppiainen

Today was the major holiday: Epiphany. Everything was closed, but I learned about a special sporting event at the library:

Opening Night of the Sport's Year will take place on 6 January at 12 noon. A cheerful programme including surprises with sports and culture is offered the whole family. The event start of at the The courtyard of the City Library, entrance at Läntinen Rantakatu.

We will begin with a warm-up at the courtyard of the City Library and we will move on to the outdoor route by the river banks. We also have the opportunity to get to know cultural actors who offer various programmes at different locations along the route.

We went down to meet our new friends Deborah and David and their daughter, Frances. Even though it was 20 below C, I brought my sneakers as I planned to do the race. Foiled by the cold! I made it through some of the warm up exercises (I grew colder and colder as I "warmed up") and then retreated to the library to regain the feeling in my toes.

Tomorrow Sophia starts school!



No comments:

Post a Comment